Next to our children, our Home is the largest investment that we will make in our lifetime. Having the right protection is a necessity. There are so many things to consider when searching for the right home owners policy that best suits you and your family’s needs. There are some big differences in the types of homeowner contracts that are available which can impact you greatly if an unfortunate incident occurs. We can educate you on the different types of policies and how they can affect you and then determine which protection coverage best suits you. Our goal is to make sure that you have peace of mind in the event of an incident.
Important Questions to ask:
- In the event my home is a total loss, will my insurance pay for full replacement or just the amount on the policy?
- Is my home covered in the event of a natural disaster?
- Do I have flood protection? Just because your home is not in a flood plain does not mean that your home will never get flooded. *** A separate policy is required for flood insurance
- Do I have ample coverage if my jewelry, guns, coin collections, antiques, furs and other valuables are damaged, destroyed or stolen?
- Do I have coverage if someone gets injured on my property?
- If I have what is considered an aggressive pet, am I covered if my pet bites someone?
- Am I covered if a tree falls on my home in the event of high winds, tornado or just because it happened to fall?
- If my home is damaged or destroyed, can my insurance help with alternate living arrangements?
- Do I need additional coverage for outbuildings/detached garages?
- Do I need additional coverage for a swimming pool?
- What if I get black mold in my home? Am I covered and what steps to I take for removal?
- What is while I am away and I have a major water leak that destroys the flooring, cabinetry, walls, molding, etc. would I be covered?
As you can see, there are many things to take in to consideration when purchasing a good, reliable homeowners policy. Without the proper protection, damage and/or loss can break your wallet. For dwelling, content coverage, additional specialty policies as well as peace of mind, call The Mallory Agency at (706) 884-8039 to discover the best protection for you.